Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyDepressionTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I just got off lexapro about 10 days ago, now on Mirtazapine with wicked side affects. Help, will they go away???

1 day ago
 · 
Reactions
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I have been on both those medications. I agree you could be have withdrawal effects from the lexapro. I did not have many from the Remeron. I took it at bedtime as it can be very sedating.

1 day ago
MyDepressionTeam

What a rough time — switching medications is no joke, and feeling hit from both sides at once is genuinely tough. Hang in there!

Some of what's being felt right now could actually be from stopping Lexapro, not just starting Mirtazapine. Stopping Lexapro, even after tapering, can cause withdrawal-like symptoms for some Show Full Answer

What a rough time — switching medications is no joke, and feeling hit from both sides at once is genuinely tough. Hang in there!

Some of what's being felt right now could actually be from stopping Lexapro, not just starting Mirtazapine. Stopping Lexapro, even after tapering, can cause withdrawal-like symptoms for some people, including:

- Mood changes and irritability
- Dizziness and headaches
- Trouble sleeping
- Feeling very tired or confused

These symptoms can linger for a bit after stopping, so it's worth keeping that in mind. As for Mirtazapine itself, sleepiness is one of its most commonly reported side effects — experienced by over half of people who take it. Early side effects from antidepressants often ease up after the first few weeks as the body adjusts.

A MyDepressionTeam member shared about starting a similar antidepressant: *"I had some headaches and fatigue when I started, but then it got better."*

The most important thing right now is to stay in close contact with the prescribing doctor. They can help figure out what's causing what, and whether any adjustments are needed. Don't stop or change anything without checking with them first.

1 day ago

Related Questions

View All
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Erie, PA

A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glasgow, UK

A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lethbridge, AB

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In