Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyDepressionTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glendale, CA

Yesterday my mother and I went to an interview with a woman here in town who I thought I could possibly get the help we needed since she has had a store for years in town plus I been a client for years buying breakfast tacos and she worked in school my childhood years anyway… this was a total waste of time, she was fucken rude to both my mother and I. She said I was always a imperative and hyper child and tha I had a lot of anxiety and burst out laughing when I told her my depression and anxiety… read more

September 22
 · 
Reactions
MyDepressionTeam

That sounds like an incredibly hurtful and dismissive experience, and the frustration and anger felt after that interaction makes complete sense. No one should ever laugh at someone sharing something as serious and personal as a suicide attempt. That was wrong, full stop.

This person's opinion of an 11-year-old child has Show Full Answer

That sounds like an incredibly hurtful and dismissive experience, and the frustration and anger felt after that interaction makes complete sense. No one should ever laugh at someone sharing something as serious and personal as a suicide attempt. That was wrong, full stop.

This person's opinion of an 11-year-old child has absolutely no bearing on who you are today or what you're going through now. What's important to remember is that unhelpful or hurtful people don't get to define your experience with depression. Many MyDepressionTeam members have shared how frustrating it is when others minimize or dismiss their struggles — it's one of the most common painful experiences in living with depression.

The right support is still out there. A mental health professional who actually listens and takes your history seriously is what's deserved here — not someone who laughs.

If things ever feel overwhelming, please reach out to the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline by calling or texting 988. It's free, confidential, and available 24/7.

September 22
Hi, this is just a check-in, based on a phrase you mentioned. If you — or anyone else who sees this — is thinking about self-harm, we want to say that you are an important part of this community. No part of this is easy, but there is support that can help. Read more >
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I’m sorry! I haven’t worked all summer. I hope once I start feeling better I can find something. With holidays a birthdays coming up I’m a little nervous about money. I forgot to bring in the forms from disability today to the doctor to get some extra money for the special first allowance. Hopefully the doctor can fill them out soon

September 22
A MyDepressionTeam Member

We went to look for a job. She’s not in school anymore that I know of she’s like this is not the job for you we always in a rush , that’s total bs I know a woman who was with me in elementary school and she had special ed classes and was a cashier in that store a couple of years ago , that for me to stick to Taco Bell and looking elsewhere. Taco Bell is full of crap not once have I gotten a call to finish that orientation from a couple of days ago , manager knows my struggles I already wasted closed to 90 dollars I ain’t in shoes and some pants for the uniform to not even get call back still looking for jobs out there but is hard

September 22
A MyDepressionTeam Member

@A MyDepressionTeam Member You should report her somehow to someone in the educational system!!!!! That is absolute bull crap!!!!! She should never be assistanting teachers or be around children in any type, shape or form of any children atmosphere!!! Sick, absolutely sickening.... Yes, @A MyDepressionTeam Member Shame, shame, and triple shame on her!!!!!

September 22
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Shame on her. He reaction is disgusting.

September 22 (edited)
Hi, this is just a check-in, based on a phrase you mentioned. If you — or anyone else who sees this — is thinking about self-harm, we want to say that you are an important part of this community. No part of this is easy, but there is support that can help. Read more >

Related Questions

View All
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glasgow, UK

A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Southern Illinois

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In