Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyDepressionTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Pieces of Me

I am shattered glass on the floor,

Flung there by myself and nothing more.

I’m helpless, tired, and completely to blame,

Don’t see me like this cause I am quite ashamed.

My heart is broken and shattered on the floor,

But I must pick up the pieces, and you can’t do more.

Watch me, encourage me, love me.

It’ll be easier if you are here to see.

The shards of glass are sharp, and my fingers start… read more

6 days ago
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members came together to share original poetry in response to a question about posting personal writing, and the thread quickly became a warm... Read more

Members came together to share original poetry in response to a question about posting personal writing, and the thread quickly became a warm creative space filled with deeply personal and emotional pieces. Several members shared poems touching on themes of heartbreak, recovery, grief, hope, and resilience, with many writing about loss, chronic pain, and finding strength through difficult life experiences. A recurring theme was the healing power of self-expression, as members encouraged one another and celebrated each other's unique voices and styles.

A MyDepressionTeam Member
6 days ago
A MyDepressionTeam Member

That's good Melissa. We all need hope but sometimes it's really hard to hold onto.

3 days ago (edited)
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Recovery
By:Melissa Cash

My pain is like a flower…
Growing every hour.

Reaching sky high…
I’m always wondering why.

Increasing every day…
I need to find a new way.

Out of the darkness gloom…
Into peaceful lights bloom.

To overcome all sorrow’s…
Find hope in each tomorrow.

My new way has come…
To get this pain undone.

Putting this pain in the past…
With new joy to last.

Recovery is true…
I can make myself brand new.

If I stand up & fight…
To do what is right.

Learn how to cope…
Not sit without hope.

Strive to achieve all my goals…
As my new way of recovery unfolds.

To not get discouraged…
Move forward with courage.

By following the path of recovery…
I can make new discoveries.

To abundant joy & peace…
Having my sorrows cease.

Finding my better self…
In taking charge of my health.

Recovery makes ways…
To calm & peaceful ways.

Being full of mercy & grace…
Is the way of the recovery race.

Helping you to grow…
Out of feeling so low.

Awakening the light…
Making your days bright.

Showing a way to begin…
A life of blessings to win.

Join in the recovery journey…
Starting the joyful earning.

3 days ago
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Thanks, April!
Nice poem!

3 days ago
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Death encircles us all
(Phone number can only be seen by the question and answer creators)
Death is all around us. It encompasses everyone. There is no escape from death. You never know when it will strike. It encircles one and all. Everyone loses someone in death. Death came into existence through the sin of Adam and Eve. I often wonder what life would be like without sin and death. I also wonder what life would be like if Adam and Eve had just listened to Jehovah. Sin and death are all around us. And we all can do without them. Days have come and gone since the original sin was committed. Why did they have to bring death into the world?
Facing death
April Cassandra Katko
Here is one of mine

3 days ago

Related Questions

View All
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Southern Illinois

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In