I had an unpleasant encounter with the receptionist at my psychiatrist's office.
She may have had a bad day. I don't want her fired, just a reminder to act more sympathetic with the mental health community.
I would think your Dr. needs to know this.
I think you did the right thing by telling your psychologist that her secretary was rude. But are you sure that she wasn't just having a bad day?
They are supposed to be warm and welcoming so I would speak to your psychiatrist and the office manager, possibly together, because this cold welcome should not be happening. I know to from experience that even if the receptionist is having a bad day they still have to be warm and welcoming.
I sent a message to my psychiatrist. His nurse responded pretty quickly ( 1hr) and ensured me that the office manager will look into the incident and welcomes me to reach out with any questions or want to add any details. That was a very nice thing for them to do.
I love my psychiatrist. He does have one other office location. Worse comes to worse, I can book my appointments for there.