Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyDepressionTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Toronto, ON

I'm divorced and unemployed. My son's are teens so they have their own lives now. I get out as.much as I can and see friends when I can. But especially evenings can be really tough.
How do you folks deal with being alone?

July 12, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I agree pets help! But yes at the end of the day watching tv alone is not much fun. If you are looking to date you may try a dating site. Works for some people but I’ve never done it lol. I’ve been on my own for a good while now. I guess I’m somewhat used to it. My daughter is 18 and stayed close got college last year but if going off a bit this coming year and that’s really tuff!! I’m thinking about doing some volunteering and maybe joining a book club or something. Good luck. Hope you find what you’re looking for. And certainly this site has some amazing people to talk with. Hugs and best wishes ❤️

July 12, 2018
A MyDepressionTeam Member

That's a tough one....
I try to go out 2x day, exercise at least 30 min as often as I can. Learning new things can be fun, so I Google here & I Google there.
My dog & cat help too.

July 12, 2018
A MyDepressionTeam Member

@A MyDepressionTeam Member. Awww, Harry, my friends don't giv me time 2 feel alone, but given ur talk'n in particular about evenings hav u considered joining a dating site, there are good ones out there & sum are free. Also, join a group that u hav an interest in, amazing how u can meet ppl that way. Even hav'n a rescue/therapy pooch u take 4 walkies allows u 2 be in an environment 2 meet others wif a similar interest.
Good luck wif ur future adventures, listen 2 Bebe Rexha - an American singer & in particular "Meant To Be".
HOOROO& Toodles MOO
(((Huggles))) :)

Ps. There is alwaz us here, BUT i get it, not quite the same, nonetheless, it's good 2 know :)

July 13, 2018
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Yeah, evenings can be hard. Weekends too. I used to go to movies alone in the evenings. I actually enjoyed it. Reading and watching TV helped some too.

July 12, 2018
A MyDepressionTeam Member

@A MyDepressionTeam Member. Oh, Harry, take the plunge mate, now if i say it's a good thing & ur Psychiatrist agrees, c'mon we could be rite!!!!!

I had a ball on the dating sites, it's lots of fun, ur world gets open 2 a whole lot of new possibilities. Sadly 4 me, in the end, i married one of the guys & was repeatedly bashed & ended up in hosp wif fractured ribs etc, i made a boo, boo.

Harry, u won't know until u giv it a go.

I thinkim's i mite start my own business, bugger nursing & start charging 4 consults :) :)

HOOROO & Toodles,
(((Huggles))) MOO :)

July 19, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lower Hutt, NZ