Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyDepressionTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Erie, PA

Hi I've been on effexor xr 75 mgs for about 8 years worked pretty good but ran back into some anxiety and depression . My doctor added on 15mg of mirtazapine . I've had the script for a couple days now and have been too scared to take it . I have a couple questions . I know it usually makes you sleepy does it gradually come on and you fall asleep or do you like pass out ? What is vertigo and how bad so you feel the next day after taking it? Have any of you already been on the effexor for a while… read more

August 12, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyDepressionTeam Member

That's why I throw away the side effects paper away that comes with my meds or I wouldn't take them I always have bad anxiety about new meds but now I will try them and if there is side effects I can't deal with I call my Doc or go see him

August 16, 2017
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Hi , im on 45mg of mirtazapine a day i was warned it would make me drowsy at first i could hardly stay awake but it settled me and my anxiety and depression went and my mood lifted i felt great then i got used to it my symptoms are back and im back to the insomnia again chances are a small dose should be fine but talk to your gp if youre worried

August 15, 2017
A MyDepressionTeam Member

My psychiatrist prescribed venlafaxine and Mirtazapine for me and it has really helped me a lot. I take the venlafaxine in the morning (75mg) and Mirtazapine (45mg) at night. I am sleeping better than I have for years, but I am not able to work at the moment, so I'm able to wake up naturally, but I feel much more like getting up once I'm awake. The Mirtazapine has also helped my appetite and I've managed to put some weight on (I had lost a lot of weight to the point of being underweight, so it's a helpful effect for me).

September 21, 2017
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Yea I do too but I made the mistake of extensively googling it

August 16, 2017
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Thanks for responding! How long have you been on the combo? Im not currently working so that will make it easier with the drowsiness, the vivid dreams ppl talk about worry me . My PCP said that's all she can do , so I have to find a pyschiatrist and you know how long that takes.

August 15, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Little Egg Harbor Twp, NJ

A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
La Vernia, TX

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In