Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyDepressionTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sidney, OH

I'm looking for some friends who are successfully managing their depression symptoms through natural means. I'm not diagnosed but I have been told I could have PPD (post partum) that was never treated and just got worse.

May 6, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I just bought a book called New Optimum Nutrition for the Mind by Patrick Holford. I see a holistic nutritionist and she said it's a great read :)

May 8, 2017
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I'm researching natural remedies and nutritional ways I can manage my depression.

May 8, 2017
A MyDepressionTeam Member

As for natural remedies, there sure is a way. I really believe it's all down to our physiology. If you can get some things right in your daily routine (e.g. sleep hygiene, exercise, the right food, mindfulness), you can get out of depression without drugs. In addition to my personal experience, there's plenty of evidence to support this (e.g. professor Steve Illardi).

Personally, I combined these natural remedies with SSRIs (antidepressants), which I believe have shortened my recovery (took me 1 year in total). You have to understand that drugs, if you choose to go with them, aren't a magic bullet. You still need to employ natural remedies like the ones I mentioned above. But the antidepressants put a floor in how low you can feel, they make it easier to get out of depression, though they won't get you out on their own. That being said, you can forego the antidepressants and get out purely on natural means.

I've described all this in more detail in my book. You can download it free on Amazon May 4 - May 8: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZXVMXWK

May 7, 2017 (edited)
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I'm definitely not totally against chemical remedies to help with symptoms @sardoes! Whatever works for you works! But I've been trying St. John's Wort to see what happens. This is only day two though so I can't say whether it's working or not quite yet.

May 7, 2017
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I'd like to manage my clinical depression naturally but currently I'm on on Wellbutrin XL

May 7, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Northern, NJ

A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Brunswick, NJ

A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glendale, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In