Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyDepressionTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Palmerston North, NZ

Did the med make you gain weight? I really don't need the extra stress of weight gain. Also, any other bad side effects? I'm scared to take it. The reason I'm taking it is due to severe anxiety as well as days and days of no sleep to the point of hallucination. I didn't want a long term med, but here it is.... Anyone else been on this drug?

February 12, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I take Zoloft and Ativan... both those meds have helped me tremendously .

February 19, 2017
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I took Zoloft for about 5 years and it really helped, just when I thought life was going to be ok, it stopped helping. Doctor changed me to Venlaflaxine 2 years ago, I'm at the highest dosage, still feel the sadness, lonliness, anxiety at times.

February 16, 2017
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Many years ago I was given Zoloft by my Gp. After 4 days I returned to him and told him that I felt worse than ever, he laugh and told me to increase the dose. I became a violent bastard that just wanted to fight and drink. That was the month my world fell apart. NEVER again will I take them (Zoloft) but I am not saying that this type of tablets would be the same for every-one

February 14, 2017
A MyDepressionTeam Member

@A MyDepressionTeam Member it was prescribed by my doctor.

February 18, 2017
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Do you see a family doctor what

February 18, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bedford, UK

A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glasgow, UK