Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyDepressionTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glenolden, PA

I currently do not have a doctor but it appears Klonopin will work really well on my anxiety .Who do I talk to about this ? Someone please respond with information on how to find the correct doctor for this prescription

April 28, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I have been taking Klonopin for at least 20 years and now I’m almost off of it. It works great for anxiety and stress but it’s addictive. You may want to discuss other options.

April 28, 2019
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Start with a good family doctor. If he cannot help you he will probably refer you to a psychiatrist.

April 30, 2019
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I've taken klonopin for a couple of years, and from what I've found, regular family doctors won't prescribe it. I would suggest you find a psychiatrist, that's where I get mine. Good luck!

April 28, 2019
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Klonopin worked better than buspar for me too but be careful to not ask for it directly. There are people who dont really need it but take tons to feel high so it's a popular drug for addicts. Just tell doc that it's one ofthe things youve tried that you noticed a big difference in anxiety with ! Hope he will work with you, i know how it feels xx

May 4, 2019
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I take Klonopin
It works well for me

April 28, 2019
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In