Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyDepressionTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
April 5, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Yes. Like I'm being strangled @A MyDepressionTeam Member xx

April 26, 2018
A MyDepressionTeam Member

In my early days of anxiety I experienced this regularly. Turned out to be my thyroid. I began hormonal replacement for this in 1990 and have not experienced it since. However, tension can result in all sorts of bizarre manifestations and muscles can contract and spasm pretty much anywhere. I had it in my chest making breathing labored and scary. I have no problem envisioning this happening to throat muscles as well. The most important thing I learned along the way was not to fear this. It will pass and is not dangerous, but ask your doctor or therapist about it to be sure.

April 6, 2018
A MyDepressionTeam Member

@A MyDepressionTeam Member I don't know how to describe the way I'm feeling my mind, body and actions are not responding to each other, my therapist referred me to go to a psychiatrist apparently my depression turned into PTSD and I need different meds I will tell you all about it once they see me till then lots of hugs

April 5, 2018
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Yes, very often! Very frustrating and scary feeling!

April 5, 2018
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Yes,alot

April 12, 2018

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In