Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyDepressionTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Your mind thinks up bad things that are going to happen to you or loved ones, just out of the blue, and you have to shut that voice up to keep your sanity.

February 15, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyDepressionTeam Member

When my son was dealing with alcoholism and subsequent detox and rehab, I worried about him constantly, to the extreme. He lived with me during that time because he was kicked out of his home by his partner. So yes, I know this feeling , but am learning different ways to cope with situations involving my loved ones that don't effect MY mental health.

February 15, 2018
A MyDepressionTeam Member

@A MyDepressionTeam Member.. Thank you for advice appreciate it... My adopted dad was also a Alcoholic I’ll never be with another one...Lesson Learned

February 16, 2018
A MyDepressionTeam Member

@A MyDepressionTeam Member he took off the muffler, so his truck would sound bad ass, pardon the french. My Dad was an alcoholic, it was miserable, I feel like we all got cheated out of a good childhood, but so many others our age did, too. I think we are just too sensitive, so we let their drama become ours, if we hear about it. I choose to live my own life, away from people who make me anxious and are toxic to me. I do not let them in. Don't even let anyone tell you anything. You do not deserve any one else's drama, it is not your life, it is theirs to deal with. You are not their Mommy, they are grown, so should be able to care for themselves.

February 15, 2018
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I’m also a widow..My husband was a alcoholic and he would take something off his truck so make it louder OMG The anixty Killed me to this day I caint stand a loud car...

February 15, 2018
A MyDepressionTeam Member

i use to feel that way, just constant dread. not anymore. what be will be.

February 15, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hawaiian Gardens, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In