Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyDepressionTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
October 11, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I took Lithium for 11 years and I would get blood work atleast twice a year because of the problems it may cause. I begged my psych to put me on another medicine because I was getting nauseous when I took it and it stopped working.
That doesn't mean it will do the same to you. Medicine works different on everybody. If you have questions about the medicine look online through well credited resources about Lithium or ask your psych/PCP. Ask questions?? Many!! Asking no questions is dumb. It is your body and you should know about every med that you put in your body and any disorders you have. Internet is such a great resource, utilize it to your advantage.

October 11, 2016
A MyDepressionTeam Member

This might not be the best place to ask, I really suggest talking to your gp about it because they should know or be able to look up if that's true. Otherwise you might get the opinion of someone who isn't trained and might just have an aversion to it thus giving a bias opinion

October 11, 2016
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Good, also your local pharmacist might have some helpful information

October 11, 2016
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I'm seeing my Doc next week and intend to ask about it.

October 11, 2016
A MyDepressionTeam Member

When I went on Lithium in May 2016 I ask my doctor and she said no, but I needed to have my kidney function tested often because Lithium is filtered straight through the kidneys. I'm going to check and make sure with my other doctor. It is a good question. My doctor said if your kidney function is not good then the lithium can't go straight through your body.

October 14, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glasgow, UK

A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kendallville, IN

A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Seattle, WA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In