Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyDepressionTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Holland, PA
February 13, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyDepressionTeam Member
March 12, 2025
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I close my eyes and see a vertical line between them. Stay focused on that line--it's the only thing that exists no matter what else is happening--and sooner or later, hello, sweet Lord!

Have you ever had any success with those 3-D pictures of patterns that if you stare long enough at them, an underlying form emerges? It's kind of like that in the beginning. https://www.aolej.com/easy-stereograms-for-begi...

Easy Stereograms for beginners - perfect start to see stereograms - aolej.com
Easy Stereograms for beginners - perfect start to see stereograms - aolej.com
February 13, 2025 (edited)
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Hi, Jim mediation is a great tool. It helps you calm and relax your whole body down when you are anxious and stressed out. It is good therapy. I put it in the schedule every day. An it a refreshing to have a good day. I may do it twice to calm myself down. Hugs

March 14, 2025
A MyDepressionTeam Member

At first I leaned with guided meditations on free phone apps. I like Insight Timer and a long time ago, used Calm.

I learned to do quiet meditations by setting a timer with calm soft music and bells (on insight timer - free - ) and I listen to the flow of my breath as I breath in, pausing to notice the still point at the bottom of my lungs before breathing out, and at the top of my lungs before breathing in, and so forth.

Also, there are youtube tutorials and people who “meditate with you,” for like 20 mins with. gentle guidance. I search under “transcendence meditation.”

Good luck!

February 23, 2025
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I have the same question. There are times I start meditating while following a video and all of a sudden I am thinking of all sorts of different things.

February 18, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Southern Illinois

A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lethbridge, AB

A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chicago, IL