Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyDepressionTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chico, CA

I found this website which gives people in california 12 free therapy sessions online. It says everythings free and ive never heard of it. Has anyone tried it? Or does anyone have suggestsions for free online counseling/ therapy etc like this? I want to start getting help and feel more comfortable doing this online

February 8, 2021
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I am getting mental health counciling on the phone with a therapist given freely by my medicare insurance. Today was our first session and she really taught me some deep breathing / relaxation exercises which God knows I needed because I was feeling totally helpless, worthless and just wanted to go to sleep permanently. Ask your primary doctor or call your insurance company and see what resources are available to u. I hope u find the help u need.

February 8, 2021
A MyDepressionTeam Member

@A MyDepressionTeam Member I would be VERY skeptical about that. 12 free sessions? That's a lot of $. If you contact www.nami.org and put in your state - it will tell you where the local office is. They can provide you information on Mental Health. It's a national organization but each state has a satelite office. Ask them what they suggest. They also have a number you can call. Check it out. Best of luck to you.

February 8, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Dingess, WV

A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Masontown, PA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In