Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyDepressionTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Memphis, TN

Does anyone else really really hate seeing themselves? I hate seeing my own reflection. I cringe if I see myself in the background of other peoples snap chats or pictures in general. I've never taken a selfie and will typically only even take pictures with someone else if I have been drinking.

June 12, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyDepressionTeam Member

yes i feel the same way ,i cant stand looking at myself ,I feel so ugly ,when I have to have my picture done ,I try to get in the back

June 15, 2019
A MyDepressionTeam Member

YESSS....me too. I've hated taking pix since I was a kid.

June 12, 2019
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Hey, Mike , good luck to your Blues tonight!

June 12, 2019
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Same here MikeW! I don't much care for the sight of my face, I do not post photos of me on social media. and thanks to my experiences on some of the dating apps, I realize the ladies don't consider me of fair appearance! LOL

June 12, 2019
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I am somewhat that way. Have always obsessed about my weight so would avoid full body mirrors. I hate taking or having my picture taken !!! I will hide if I can. I feel your pain man

June 12, 2019
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In