Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyDepressionTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Grahamstown, ZA

I've been eating a lot less since I started on this new medication almost a month ago. I've never had major issues with my eating habits before. Now I'm barely getting hungry, I only really eat because I know I need to and I like the taste. I've gotten hungry twice in the last few days and a sandwich was more than enough. Normally that's like an appetizer.

October 19, 2018
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyDepressionTeam Member

My experience has normally been, the anti anxiety medicine makes me more hungry. But, everyone is different and respond differently to medicine.

October 21, 2018
A MyDepressionTeam Member

I have. They didn't mention anything about loss of appetite in the side affects. Was just wondering if anyone else had experienced it or if it might be some other factor causing it.

October 19, 2018
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Yeah I was scared but it leveled off.

October 28, 2018
A MyDepressionTeam Member

Wow. That's quite a bit. I have lost a little bit of weight, but it's not drastic. I'm now forcing myself to eat a bit more often because I can't eat as much as I normally do.

October 28, 2018
A MyDepressionTeam Member

My appetite has decreased as well but I think it's because of feeling stuck in a dark hole. I make myself eat and track it to make sure I'm hitting my food groups. I lost 10 pounds in 5 weeks.

October 28, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glasgow, UK

A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glasgow, UK

A MyDepressionTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lethbridge, AB

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In